EEESafe Website Usage Terms and Conditions
The ‘[EEESafe]’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. Our company registration number is 08169928 , Registered Office, 43 Brynymor Road, Swansea, South Wales SA4 3EY. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice unless you operate under a personal agreement with EEESafe Ltd.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Other Trademarks that belong to EEESafe or Designs that market EEESafe are not to be used without the express permission in writing from the owner of EEESafe Ltd.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
EEESafe is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with our privacy statement.
EEESafe may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is updated regularly and currently effective from 4th of June 2022
Not For Profit
The definition of a Non-Profit is often mis-interpreted. Many NP’s can still pay their staff and directors what ever wage they choose and also give bonuses, as well as preferential pension arrangements. These are not transparent on their public documentation.
EEESafe however, is committed to Social & Environmental objectives and outcomes using Electrical Repair and Reuse Safety Standards within a Circular Economy Model known as LocalitEEE. It will deliver financial, environment and social outcomes for all UK Communities defined within it’s own FREE Appliance Safety Register that will deliver FREE Product Recall Alerts in line with each Manufacturers advice. Financial donations will also be seen publicly for those who register their appliances with us and the money is awarded democratically by voting of consumers with Registered Appliances within their own local community. Our funds are raised by the variety of Services, 3rd Party Services and Registered Stakeholder which are offered within the EEESafe & LocalitEEE model. These sums will range between 3.75%-75% of profits and will be transparently promoted on a day to day basis or as and when funding targets are met within each local community. Funding amounts may change or vary from time to time and they are awarded to Registered Consumers who have Registered their Home Appliances and ICT Products with us. We reserve the right to alter these amounts to ensure strong company resilience.
Local Communities are defined by the electoral wards in the UK where they live and can sometimes include associated wards in close proximity. We reserve the right to change these as and when it’s deemed to be in the best interest of the consumer and viability of EEESafe’s model and/or when it’s deemed by EEESafe to align closer to the Company’s Mission Statement.
Supporting Citizens in UK Communities
EEESafe is committed to Supporting Citizens in their local Communities as defined by Registration of Electrical Appliances within our Appliance Safety Register. Working with it’s sister websites, www.localiteee.com and our Appliance Safety Register citizens actively participating with these sites, will democratically decide who receives PLEEECash issues as defined in our financial algorithms. As participation increases in LocalitEEE online marketplaces, it is the intention to aim for daily PLEEECash issues, but in the early Phases, a Community will be defined as a UK Community. This will cover Northern Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales. All metrics will divide into local regions and Electoral Wards when confidential triggers are reached based on a number of factors, driven by citizen and business. Using our site and associated sister sites, means you accept our calculated metrics and internal methodologies as well as our right to introduce separate communities as and when we deem it is the right time to do so.
If you are in the European Region.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area we currently do not support any citizen communities or allow registrations from that, or any other region except the UK. However if you happen to believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
If you are a resident in Switzerland then you can find contact details here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html
What we collect
We may collect the following information and not exclusively:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode.
- Repairer and Repair Business information
- Identified Skill sets of Certified EEESafe Repairers
- Life cycle analysis data of items placed on the UK Markets
- Known Product Recall Data
- other information relevant to sales, customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Payment of commissions by prior agreement
- Administration of Registrations
- Provision of important information as to the location of assets that belong to those who provide is with such information for the purposes of safety
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may share certain product data for safety reasons with trusted 3rd parties under joint agreements
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyses web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website unless they are a Sister Website. Otherwise, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the relevant address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by EEESafe and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of EEESafe. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, EEESafe takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of EEESafe – © EEESafe . All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.