519,000 Whirlpool Washing Machine Recalls
EEESafe labels are used to help identify the source of a Refurbished Appliance from a Workshop, the source of a Home Appliance Repair Technician or the Source of a Retailer who wants to encourage you to Register Your Appliance for Safety, Environmental and Community development reasons. This article is to explain briefly some of the benefits to all who want to support the EEESafe and LocalitEEE models.
The labels below have similar yet different functions. Registered Appliance Labels are not Mandatory, the others are.
DAR(c)(q) Labels must be put on Refurbished Appliances by (C)ertified or (Q)ualified DARs
DAT(c)(q) Labels are optionally placed on Repaired items when a Certified or Qualified EEESafe Technicians is linked to a consumer where a home repair is conducted.
Registered Appliance Labels can be added at point of sale by participating Retailers, or printed by a consumer who has registered and is not linked to an Existing DAT (Domestic Appliance Technician) or DAR (Domestic Appliance Refurbisher)
All DATs and DARs must have the correct insurance in place and evidenced with EEESafe.
We expect some appliances to be hitting some communities early next year as we’re close to engagement of some Trial Community partners. If you scan the QR code, you can easily Register Your Appliance, or it will tell you if the Appliance is already Registered but not reveal the full address. This will give Manufacturers and Government helpful statistics to evidence consumer safety metrics whilst maintaining a Free safety alert system by EEESafe, delivering a transparent Charitable outcome through engagement with local businesses and local people where they live.
Some Other benefits:
- Produce records and traceability of Safer Repairs and Refurbishment
- Create local Circular Economy skills
- Create local Recycled Spares to lower repair costs
- Capture and evidence local Waste Prevention and Carbon Prevention Metrics
- Remain independent from Manufacturers who may only want to sell new Appliances
- Create Local Pots of Cash and Community Currency democratically apportioned
- Encourage more Registration of Appliances to help prevent incidents like Grenfell
- Build Thriving Communities using our LocalitEEE Platform
- Help tackle Poverty and Climate Change through Waste Prevention and Local Repair
- Help inform the Fire Service on the causes of household appliance fires
- Prevents resale of Product Recalls
- Easy drop to shop from the Register
Further Related links